BIRMINGHAM CITY COUNCIL LOCAL ALLOCATION PLAN
The Langley Site was allocated for housing in the Birmingham Development Plan in January 2017.
The Birmingham Development Plan Policy GA5 States:
- “Land to the west of the A38 at Langley will be removed from the Green Belt to provide a sustainable urban extension of approximately 6,000 new homes”
- “….The Langley Sustainable Urban Extension will be an exemplar of sustainable development and a destination of choice for families wishing to live in Birmingham. The development will achieve the highest standards of sustainability and design, and provide a range of supporting facilities to help foster a strong sense of community.
- “The new neighbourhood will provide for a mix of housing sizes, types and tenures, including affordable housing in line with the requirements in Policy TP31 (35%). There will, however, be a primary focus on the provision of family housing”
- “A range of supporting facilities will be included as part of the development including early years provision, new primary schools, a new secondary school, health care facilities and local shops and services”
- “It will be a safe place where carefully considered site layouts and well designed buildings and open spaces promote positive social interaction and natural surveillance and minimise the potential for crime and anti-social behaviour”
- “The development will benefit from a new junction with the A38 and new connections into the built up area”
- “Improvements will be required to increase the capacity of the local road network… …Upgrades have already been identified to corridors connecting the site with Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham City Centre and the adjoining area”
Please click on the image (right) to view the relevant exhibition board in full for this element.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL EXHIBITION AS A DOWNLOADABLE PDF FILE